Euprera Spring Symposium 2012
MHMK Macromedia Hochschule für Medien und Kommunikation
Prof. Dr. Holger Sievert
Web 2.0 in Governmental and NGO Communication in Europe
- Theoretical foundations of governmental and NGO communication in general and in Web 2.0 and social media, especially taking into account theories of political communication;
- Normative research on possible future requirements of governmental and NGO communication, particularly from the perspective of political theory and practical philosophy, but also industry codes, national constitutions or EU citizenship;
- Empirical studies of Web 2.0 and social media in governmental communication in individual European states, groups of European states or the whole of the EU, particularly relevant quantitative or qualitative content analyses or surveys.
- Empirical studies of Web 2.0 and social media in NGO communication in EU member states and/or Brussels, particularly relevant quantitative or qualitative content analyses or surveys.
- Methodological and/or comparative research in the thematic areas referred to above under (3) and (4), particularly:
- on the theory of international empirical research on the seminar topic
- on the practice of empirical Web 2.0 research in one or more academnic disciplines
- on the chances and limitations of the transferability of Web 2.0 experience in business communication to governmental and NGO communication
- on the particular situation of Web 2.0 communication of public, non-profit and private cultural institutions
- on the possible contributions to be made by journalism and design studies with regard to Web 2.0 use in government and NGO communication.
Download the programme
Download the Book of Abstracts
Visit the symposium website